Sunday, October 10, 2010

Taichung - First day







this is one interesting sight on the platform of Taichung train station. These are seats using toilet bowls and in the shape of a clog.

Was under a little stress when I got out of the station because Taichung is not as organized as Taipei. Was not too sure where I should be taking the bus and there was SO many people around. Luckily, I found a tourist information station with a very friendly staff and TONNES of guidebooks whichi are so amazing good and better than anything that I paid for! And they are free!!!!!!

finally, found the bus, went onto the bus and got to the hostel (Suncake Hostel). Due to the low price, I was initially thinking that this might be a hoax but it really exist! It is run by the owners of a suncake (famous Taichung biscuit) shop. The entrance in in the shop!! haha.... I found the place and thought that I was at the wrong place. The place is decent, though it can do with some renovation but all basic necessities are here. Hot shower, lockers, TV, dining area etc. nothing to complain for NT250 a night! So, this is my home for the next 2 days (at least), extendable to 5 days depending on how the sleep goes tonight!


REally convenient as well. There is bus next door to go to Lugang. You can walk to 星光三月。There are buses to Feng Chia night market and direct buses to many places within Taichung city. A few more steps away, there are buses to go to Jiayi, pingtung, and taipei and taoyuan airport! not too bad hor!

after starving for a whole day, i decided to treat myself to a nice Tonkatsu dinner! I think i deserve it!







and after dinner snack... fried mushroom and bubble tea (OF COURSE!) at Feng Chia night market! Nice!






One day done... tomorrow.. church and Lugang day tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment