Thursday, October 7, 2010

Maiden trip on public bus (公车)





wanted to take a direct bus to Taipei station from just outside the apt...BUT... i got on the wrong one. Instead of getting on the one that is the full trip, I got on the one that only goes halfway. but then, lucky me, the bus driver kinda knew I am TOURIST, so he announce during the final stop that "要前往台北车站的乘客,请在公馆站转车,这是区内线”。(passengers going to Taipei station, please drop off here. This is limited area route only). So nice of him la! Lucky me, if not go back to my original station.

So after walking here and there and trying to find my way to find the railway station, I finally bought my ticket to Taichung after 2 hours. Why?? The railway timetable was so confusing la! who knows how to read it man!!!! after staring at the table for like dun know how long, i muster up all my courage, went to the ticketing counter and ask the counter auntie la. She was so nice. Ask me what time and then help me buy ticket!


so ticket done. hostel booking done. found a new hostel, Suncake hostel in Chaoma area. hope it will be nice!! so, on my way to taichung this sat! YEAH!!


after so much effort to buy ticket and finding out about travelling around Taiwan, I really think there needs to be a lot more effort to make Taiwan a more tourist friendly place, especially for people who can't speak or read chinese.


and dinner today. 内陷饼 葱油饼 绿茶牛奶!!内陷饼 is nice... regret that I did not buy more! greedy me!




and my dessert for the day...豆花芋圆。It was difficult choosing this over bubble tea today, so I am determined to have bubble tea tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. hows the first few days? is it cheap there? it looks so fun la! travelling on public transport is always fun!

    i definitely cannot stay there for 2 months alone?? read and speak chinese! kill me already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just nua-ing my way in the first few days to finalize the bookings for next week. you know, i have over 90 channels on my TV!! wahaha....

    the price is like singapore pricing 2-3 years back la. not really cheap but manageable.

    you will be fine. i think reading chinese is getting use to it. you can get use one.

    ReplyDelete